Friday 15 May 2009

Delayed again

The flight just got further delayed. Who's sabotaging the last leg of this vacation? Shoot we may just try to buy a pass to the Admiral's Club at this rate.

Sign that either my wit is failing or that Jamaicans don't get humour:

In Montego Bay airport I'm at the gate and there's a sandwich shop. I ask the person about the prices. She says the chicken sandwich is 7.50. The turkey one is 9.00. She says the egg sandwich is 5.53.

I'm all, what's with the exact amount thing. So I say, "the price of that is very precise, eh?", smiling as I say it.

With a totally straight face she responds with, "that's because it is an egg sandwich", totally missing the humour. So I look at her a bit to see if she got the joke, no reaction. So I just mutter a thanks and slink away.

But really, why not charge 5.75 or something simple? Oh and I didn't buy any sandwich in the end.
[Mobile]

No comments:

Post a Comment